With the recent news of a Hydrogen OS and Oxygen OS merger, community builds (beta versions) for OnePlus phones have been rather swift, which is to be expected since the company has since combined its resources and centered its focus to the one sole Oxygen OS. With that, the company has rolled out Oxygen OS 3.5.2 Community Build for their latest flagship, the OnePlus 3.
Oxygen OS 3.5.2 is rather large in size at 1.3GB, but remains as Android Marshmallow, as OnePlus hasn’t announced a timeline or a rough date for a Nougat Oxygen OS. Nevertheless, OnePlus 3 users who intend to give this community build a try can download the image file via the source link below. Oxygen OS 3.5.2 arrives with a couple of newly added features:
- Added “kill all background processes” button in recents menu
- Added long press options in messages application
- Enhanced incoming call notification UI
- Added manual “check for update” button
- Added additional directions for first fingerprint configuration
- Battery Saver mode optimizations and enhancements
- Added back contacts widget in launcher
- Improved dialer speed
- New modes added in control panel (night mode and battery saver)
- Added support for PIN codes up to 6 digits
OnePlus has also readied Google forms for feedbacks on the UI and another one to submit bug reports. Remember to backup all important user data if you intend to flash this community build. Also, do note that by flashing the community build, you’ll be receiving community OTA updates instead of the official ones. In order to receive official OTA’s in the future, you will need to flash back to an official build of Oxygen OS instead. Let us know if you have tried the community build of Oxygen OS!